Kairee Dwb

Dishwasher

Had repairman come out 3 times for the same problem,parts ordered,repair service recommended dishwasher be replaced ,New Leaf refused request,now they tell me Ithat they can only offer a store credit of $316 because of the parts that they paid for,for a product that never got fixed. Buyer Beware!

Loss:
Cons:
  • Sham

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: This so called company is a sham

Sophea Pnd

Hello Kairee Dwb, We regret to hear that you are not satisfied with the extended service plan. The plan you purchased is a service plan with a limit of liability.

When a product is not able to be repaired or it is not cost-effective to do so, we make an effort to supply a comparable unit based on the remaining limit of liability. In this situation, we were unable to find a comparable unit and proceeded to provide the remaining limit of liability as outlined in your service agreement. New Leaf has fulfilled all obligations as stipulated in the service plan. If you would like our Executive Customer Service Team to further evaluate your situation, please contact the number provided in your service agreement and request to speak with the Executive Service Team.

When you call, please mention this review. Sincerly, Diana D Customer Experience Manager

Andrew F Ymo

Verified Buyer

| map-marker Huntsville, Texas

They lie and will not honor the contract

New Leaf Service Contracts - They lie and will not honor the contract

On 12/31/2021, I purchased an extended 5-year service plan on a freezer from New Leaf Service Pro, for $229.00. They refuse to honor the contract and I have exhausted my efforts with them.

I opened a claim with them (364****) on 1/9/24 for a leaking ice maker.

The technician came out two times and determined that the broken part was a non-serviceable part on 1/22/24.

New Leaf continues to lie to me saying that the case has been assigned to the pending review team and that I will have an offer (of some sort) within 24-48 hours, since the freezer cannot be repaired. They continue to tell me this lie and I cannot get any traction. Nobody will return my phone calls or respond to my emails. They promise to reach back out and provide an update, but they never do.

Its just the same lie, over and over.

1/26 Amelia told me the lie.

1/31 Rey told me the lie.

2/5 Jose Garcia told me the lie.

2/8 Julio told me the lie and hung up on me.

2/8 Karina contacted the service provider to get more information. She also lied about sending me an email.

2/9 Karina told me the lie.

2/16 Ashley told me the lie.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Lie as a business practice

Preferred solution: I want them to either repair or replace the freezer. Since they claim they cannot repair it, I want a replacement.

User's recommendation: Stay away!

Diana D NLSC

Mr. Fisher, We do apologize for the inconvenience and we understand your concern.

Your claim was escalated to our Executive Customer Service Team and have ensured your settlement check has been mailed out today. A confirmation email with check information has been provided to the email address on file.

You have my direct information if you have any questions. Thank You, Diana D Customer Experience Manager

Guest
reply icon Replying to comment of Diana D NLSC

Too bad I had to file a complaint with the BBB in order to get you to respond.

View more comments (1)
Ryan W Sgs

50% back

Updated by user Feb 09, 2024

The next day, I was contacted by the owner of Gotham Sales. He did a thorough review of my rebate submittal as well as my email interaction with his customer service agent.He apologized for the unprofessional conduct of his customer service agent and shared that this agent was written up for his conduct — he never once got defensive which I appreciate very much as it’s a trait you don’t often see these days.

He also explained why they only allow one submittal — time.

He said it took too much time to process a resubmitted claim because in his experience, it required multiple interactions with a customer with a resubmitted claim. I respectfully disagreed with him explaining with an adequately detailed request for more information to a customer, I’d expect that most customers would be able to produce the required paperwork in one more pass.Ultimately, it was a very cordial conversation and he agreed to reprocess my claim.

Original review Feb 09, 2024
Buyer beware. They market an extended warranty for appliances with a pitch that youll receive 50% back of your purchase price of an unused New Leaf extended warranty.
You have one shot at mailing in your claim for the rebate.

If you dont have everything exactly as they want (invoice vs receipt), youll be denied. This is understandable, however, you only get one chance to submit. If they determine any one minute detail is not to their specification, thats it, no rebate for you, period. No clarification or request for more documentation.
Furthermore, I found their customer service to be extremely rude and petty, seemingly always needing to get in the last word as you would expect from a child.

If I owned or managed this business, Id be shocked and embarrassed at how they communicate with customers and conduct themselves. If I was New Leaf, Id immediately drop them.
What I find interesting is they have an A+ BBB rating, with no review (prior to this).

However, if you look up New Leaf Service Contracts, Inc on the BBB website, Yelp, or Google, youll find they are undeserving of this rating and likely only have this rating because they are a third party vendor/administrator of New Leaf plans so their business is easily overlooked.
Bottom line, any contract that Gotham Service Plans are a part of should be a hard pass.
This is my experience with them but judging from other reviews elsewhere, I know Im not alone. Based off my previous interaction with them, I fully expect an unprofessional and passive aggressive response to this.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Easily available for purchase
Cons:
  • Sales partner gotham service plans

Preferred solution: I’d like to hold them accountable for seedy business practices

User's recommendation: Steer clear!

Ophelia J Con
map-marker Jacksonville, Florida

You took my service fee know one showed up. I am waiting 24 hours and will be contacted my Attorney.

Not only did you take my $78.00, for service no one showed. Plus every cent you took from my bank account since Dec.2023. I already reported through fraud to my bank, they referred me State attorney's office both in Fla. and in Irving Texas, the Consumer Protection office, as well as, the Better Business Bureau. 24 hours to contact me. ojohnsonblessed@***.com or 904-732-****
Darely Bcs

Poor service

1.5 months with no washer. After having the tech out twice, New Leaf trying to send another, knowing the unit was broken, now I am told it is not economical to repair and I have to wait another 5 days before they tell me what they "might" want to do...

when I told them, I want my washer fixed or replaced. I was told we may but we may not it is up to our review team. Wow...

I hope they come through, not very promising after reading the other reviews. I will redact and adjust this if they do.

Preferred solution: New washer or mine fixed

Diana D NLSC

We did make attempts to research a claim based on information provided and i was not able to pinpoint the exact service order. Could you please email your claim information along with a good contact number to customerservice@***.net?

Diana D NLSC

Hello Darely, We are sorry to hear of the frustrations. We would like to help by reviewing your claim.

View more comments (2)
map-marker Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Will not honor warranty LG Refrigerator -

Purchased a LG refrigerator and got the warranty from New Leaf. Was not our choice of warranty companies.

We have been without a working refrigerator for 4 months. Lost our request for service; poor record keeping skills; managers do not call back; sent two repair people on the same day and then charged us for a service call saying that the one technician couldn't find anything wrong with the product and that was because another technician was just there and had to order parts. New Leaf is saying it is a LG problem, and LG is saying it is a new leaf issue because its under warranty. If you purchase any kind of item - make sure this is not the warranty company or just dont purchase the warranty because it is not worth the paper it is printed on.

Customer service agents have no idea what is going on due to poor management of details and what repairs were done on the actual product. spent more money on service calls, and parts; then just to replace the unit.

very frustrating as an individual who works hard for their money, just to have to buy another very expensive appliance. Filing with the Better business Bureau and with our local news station who handles scams such as this

User's recommendation: Do no purchase any type of appliance if this is the warranty company, or just don't purchase the warranty

Diana D NLSC

Hello, we are sorry to hear of the frustrations. We would like to look into your claim further to better provide a more positive experience. Could you please give us a call at 855-884-**** Thank You, Diana D Customer Experience Manager

Paula R Fwh

| map-marker North Platte, Nebraska

Poor Poor service

Told us to send our product to a place that will not even work on what we had. then wanted us to mail our product to California at our own expense in sending and returning. This problem to 6 months to solve and they never did solve it.

User's recommendation: Stay away

Mike B Jkj

They don’t stand behind anything they say.

We called for problem with refrigerator no response call 6 times finally they sent someone out 5 more weeks later and the technician said oh we cant fix it sorry. We called found out it had a factory recall and that was the only way we got it fixed. When we call the warranty company back they said oh well and then a click and was hung up on.

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Do not use them

David B Ghd

Verified Reviewer

Poorest customer service around. worse than cable companies and they are the worst

received a warranty on a new dishasher thru the retailer. did not choose this company . 3 year old dishwasher from LG ( piece of junk for 685) now on third repair New Leasf decides they want out and offer 184 after LG stated that the previous parts were not up tp par.

this saga has gone on for months, tried to escalate the situation , promised a call back from a decision make manager on 5 occasions.

santa claus will call before any of these fraudsters get bask to you .

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY IF YOU HAVE A CHOICE.

SJAUN HICKS THE PRESIDENT ,I HOPE YOU SEE THESE REVIEWS AND THINK THE NEXT TIMWE YOU CASH YOUR P[AYCHECK.

YOU HAVE MADE A BIG MISTAKE

SORRY FOR THE EMPLOYEES HERE THEY SEEM NICE ON THE PHONE BUT THEY ARE READING FROM SCROPTS PRPARED FOR THEM

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !!!

Loss:
Pros:
  • Mone

Preferred solution: a phone call and a fair offer . shouldnt be deducted for installing faulty parts from manufacturer

User's recommendation: STAY AWAY USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

Nadya Qgj

Hi there! Thanks for leaving comments here to us, sorry for any inconvenience, please contact our customer service directly with more details like the order number, or your account information through this link: https://***/contact/contactus.html?act=oldpageload&dspm=pcen.help.services.1.LweXUDrCihefusTFLlr2&resource_id=#pu1812_helptop-contactUs

Ronald H Gnv

Verified Reviewer

Ref Claim# 1660***-*. I failed claim on 4/20/22 on my Whirlpool All-in-One washer/dryer Model WFC8090GXO. Tech showed up on April 29th 22 and new blower heater unit was ordered. Part has been on back order and finally received the part last Thurs 4/07/22 UPS. Repair tech showed up today and determined that the part that was sent was broken and a new one had to be ordered. Called the parts supplier, TRIBLE's, and was told I had the only part available. The part is back on back order and not to expect another anytime soon. Please advise where we go from here to resolve this issue. Thanks, Ron

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

Raymond C Mzr

Verified Reviewer

New leaf refusal to cover lg refrigerator repair due to my nullify the warranty

My LG refrigerator stopped working the Monday before Thanksgiving in 2021. I needed a repair quickly.

I searched for a qualified repair person and found Jersey appliance in Hightstown, N.J. online. I called and scheduled an appointment for Wednesday Nov. 24th.

which was the earliest I could get. They replaced the condenser for 335.82. I told the repair person I had purchased the warranty when I purchased the refrigerator. The warranty cost 299 dollars.

The purchase was for five years and the date was Set. 2018. On the receipt from the retailer it only stated purchased warranty.

The repair person told me the name of the company and gave me the phone number. I did not know that information because I never received a hard copy for my records.

When I called customer service at new leaf, I was told the warranty would not be honored because I voided the warranty by not calling New Leaf first.

Even though I did research to find an authorized repair of LG refrigerators and one that new leaf uses I would not be compensated.

I told the representative I never received a hard copy of the terms. She informed me it was sent to my e-mail. I do not remember receiving an e-mail from new leaf. I don't know?

Maybe I did and it accidentally was deleted? Maybe it went to spam? All I know Is I was not aware of needing to call New Leaf first, did what you would have done and lost 335 dollars.

When I called New Leaf after the refrigerator was fixed on Wed. the 24th.

with the number the repairman gave me it was to confirm the repair for the warranty. The customer service assumed it was calling to schedule someone sent by your company to get the details and then authorized the repair even after I answered the troubleshooting questions over the phone which I had done with the owners manual. The earliest I could get that done was the Monday of the 29th. after Thanksgiving.

After I hung up, I realized it would be a waste of time so I phoned back and canceled the appointment of the 29th.

That was when I was told I voided the warranty.

Considering all the variables, and especially the timing of losing the use of a refrigerator at Thanksgiving when family is coming for a celebration, and doing what your company would have done, I feel it is a situation that is appropriate in the name of customer service to bend a rule (that I was not aware of as stated earlier) and honor the warranty.

Or, you can keep telling me the company line. That can leave a customer with disappointment, anger, and a desire to go online and leave negatives comments on several evaluation of experiences sites.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Good deal if honoed
Cons:
  • Excuses not to pay

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: don't buy a warranty fromNew Leaf and ask for the company that warranties the product.

David M Esb

Verified Reviewer

Need get a service man to fix this ac unit

WILL NOT START HAVING NO GOOD INFO FROM 3=SERVICE PEOPLE/ VERY HARD TO GET THE RIGHT SERVICE MAN HERE,. NO ON E WANTS DEAL WITH NEW LEAF WARRANTY. As well as your QuickBooks Online tablet..I can assure you evidence of this. I don't know about..It is a complete network mixer..With the votes of your own cotton mills and if it is pleasing to God..You will be elected Pope..Bishop of Rome.A New Hope, your father..Thank you Chris..Next.Canal.. are you

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

map-marker Dalton, Pennsylvania

Warrenty is worthless

We bought a warranty for our washing machine from this company. The machine broke a month ago. The technician said it will cost more to replace parts than for a new machine, but the company is supposed to be coordinating parts. 1 month later and we still have no parts, no new machine, and just ordered another washinf machine with our own money. Completely worthless and pointless purchase.
Loss:

User's recommendation: Dont buy a warranty from this company!

Bad experience

I have an Edgestar dishwasher which is under warranty. After calling Edgestar for the problem, Edgestar sent New Leaf Service Contracts for a technician through A&;;;;;;;;;;;,;E Service On 08/13/2021, I took a day off work to wait for the technician. The technician called me 10 minutes before service and said he will have to cancel my appointment because he never did work this brand of dishwasher. I was mad and confused. I managed to call Edgestar and New Leaf. I told them that next time they need to find technician who has experience with this (Edgestar). Guest what happen, on 09/02/2021, the same incident happened again after I took off another day of work. So this make the long story short. I would not use New Leaf Service Contract ever again.

Preferred solution: PUT YOURSELF IN OTHER PEOPLE'S SHOES.

Frank G Foi
map-marker Haverhill, Massachusetts

Horrible customer service

Asking for invoice from a gas company who verified the stove has no gas leak. The company National Grid has never provided this type invoice . No help at all I have a warranty for 5 years stove is 2 years old.

Preferred solution: Service the stove

User's recommendation: Stay away

Fucknewleaf F

Liars

*** scam artists that lie
Loss:
Pros:
  • Steal
Cons:
  • Are liars

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

User's recommendation: Anywhere Else

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article